Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

God's miracle gift: Just when I thought it couldn't get any better


"Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you (Luke 6:38).” Jesus said, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing (Luke 4:21)."

This blog was unplanned but something so miraculous happened today that I couldn't keep it to myself.
At the beginning of my campaign, before I had even collected one dime, God spoke to my spirit and told me to give away ten percent of what I hoped to raise for the trip to London. I was asking God for $4,000, which meant I was to give away $400. My first impression was, "How crazy is that? I'm trying to raise money, not give it away!" As I spoke that thought, I caught myself: "Only God would tell me to do something like this. And even though it made little sense at the time, somehow I knew there would be a great blessing in store if I did as He said."

I immediately opened my checkbook and wrote checks out to four different Christian ministries that God put on my heart to give to. Later, one of the ministries actually called to thank me for my donation (something the woman said they never do). Even more amazing, I shared that I was going to London, and she gave me the name of her contact there, who I've already spoken to and plan to meet. This was just the seed being planted.

Now fast forward to today.
As of Sunday, the total raised from the campaign was $4,336. And I was quite happy that I had reached (even surpassed) MY goal, and thankful to God for this miracle of giving. But little did I know that God wasn't through yet. He had a promise to keep---His word. On Monday, a new friend drops by my house with an unexpected donation. Then two more donations came in the mail. And another donation on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I dropped by the bank before my flight and a spirit-filled teller, named  Grace, handled me still another surprise donation. At first, I didn't get the connection between these five last minute donations. It wasn't until I added them to the previous total that I realized what God had done. The new total now stands at $4,456.  Remember that $400 seed gift?


God gave back to me all that I had given away and more! Luke 6:38 is this day fulfilled in my life just as He promised. How faithful is our God? When I think about all that has happened up until now, this whole campaign has been a miracle of God. And not for me only. I hope this testimony inspires somebody to believe God for what He's promised. And whatever He tells you to do...do it. There's a great blessing in it.
Now it's on to London...to meet Him there.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a Great God!!! He honors our obedience! Hallelujah!
    Praying traveling mercies and a MIGHTY MOVE OF GOD...May God Bless and Keep you my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God Thanks for the Blessing of this song. Vicki Yohe my VERY favorite female worshiper!!! YES HE IS FAITHFUL!!! OH GOD HOW I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete