Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

London bound: I wouldn't take nothin' for my journey



In 47 days from now, Lord willing, I will climb aboard British Airways Flight 66 leaving from Philadelphia International Airport for a nine hour flight to London, England. The journey up to now has been nothing short of amazing. I have so many wonderful people to thank for believing in me, encouraging me, supporting me and partnering with me in this endeavor to carry the gospel of Jesus Christ "across the Pond" to the millions who will converge on that city for the 2012 Summer Olympic games. The excitement is building among the more than 100 volunteers who have signed on for this mission trip with Lay Witnesses for Christ International (LWFCI). This is my very first mission trip overseas. It has taken me 64 years to realize my dream, which serves as a testimony that you are never too old for God to use you.

Each day, while in London, I will be blogging about what God is doing in that city through our teams. I hope each blog will make you feel like YOU ARE THERE WITH US in spirit. Please pray for the mission's success and for the safety of all concerned. Our LWFCI teams will be ministering daily in over 25 local churches and on the streets of London from July 27 through August 14. See the video on this page for more details. Please sign up to follow this blog so that you don't miss any of the action. There will be pictures and possibly, video if I can figure out how to upload it. Look for my next post around July 25 when I leave for London. I'll close for now by acknowledging the monetary gifts of family, friends, Siloam BC family, area churches, businesses and everyone who saw me out there on the street with my bucket and donated. I pray God's richest blessing upon all of you (Luke 6:38).

To GOD who makes all things possible, and to those persons who sacrificed to make a donation to send me on this mission. Names have been removed to protect their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment